1. Take 1 large spaghetti squash and cut in half, remove seeds
2. Place face down in a baking dish and add water until it covers the bottom of the squash
3. Bake at 400F for about 20 minutes or until a knife cuts through easily
4. Let the squash cool and then shred the inside using a fork
Paleo Spaghetti Sauce (aka regular spaghetti suace)
- 8 large tomatoes
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 2 small cans organic tomato paste
- 1 TB basil
- 1 TB oregano
- 4 tsp paprika
- 1 TB chilli powder
- 4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 sweet peppers, any colour
- 3 - 4 stalks celery
- 1 large onion
- 1 large portobello
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 1 lbs ground 'other' (can use boar, emu, lamb, pork, chicken, turkey, whatever)
- 1 TB red wine vinegar
- Dice the tomatoes and dump into a pot with the olive oil and bring to a boil. Once the tomatoes start to break down into small pieces, add the tomato paste, all the listed spices and the red wine vinegar.
- Turn the heat down and let the sauce simmer for 1 hour.
- Dice all the vegetables and add to the sauce, simmer for another hour.
- Cook the ground meat in a separate pan then combine with the sauce and let the whole thing simmer for awhile. The longer you let it simmer the more flavorful it will be.